Apartment Tax Credit Assistant
Apply For This Position
Oakland , California
Are you experienced with Affordable Housing Tax Credit properties? Northern California's property management companies are looking for you!
Here at JWilliams Staffing, we partner with some of the best Property Management companies in the industry to help them find full-time, temporary, and temp-to-hire Tax Credit superstars to cover their various affordable housing offices; you could be one of them!
The Tax Credit Assistant will be responsible for ensuring a smooth operation and providing excellent resident care at an Affordable Housing community. They will conduct certifications, handle paperwork and filing, answer phones, schedule appointments, and more. Apply today for consideration!
Pay Rate: $22 - $24/hr
Why JWilliams Staffing?
JWS has a strong reputation with the industry’s leading property management companies and will provide you with:
- Career coaching and resume advice
- Access to our online training platform for leasing, tax credit, and fair housing
- Placement assistance
- Personalized ongoing guidance and feedback so you excel on site
- The opportunity to get your foot in the door with several communities until you find a full-time, direct hire position with a company you love!
Responsibilities of the Tax Credit Assistant
- Conduct annual re-certifications for HUD and Tax Credit
- Schedule appointments for recertification
- Prepare files for annual MOR audits (management and occupancy review) or tax credit
- Assist with unit inspections to ensure code standard are met (repairs needed etc.)
- Collect rent and maintain ledger on balances owed
- Answer calls and provide updates/status of those on waitlist
- Interview prospective residents and answer questions pertaining to building, unit, program and availability
- Maintain waitlist and transfer list and process applications in conformance with state and government regulations
- Organize and maintain the filing system
- Post notices to residents to schedule appointment to re-certify
- Send letters inviting applicants to provide documentation to support eligibility for the program
- Coordinate leasing to include intakes, interviews and processing applications
Education, Qualifications, and Required Skills/Experience
- High school diploma or GED required. AA degree desirable.
- 3-6 months of leasing/property management experience with Tax Credit or HUD properties.
- Experienced one or all of the following PM software programs; Yardi, AMSI, MRI, Onesite and Rent Roll.
- Excellent problem solving, listening, and deductive reasoning skills.
- Ability to read, write and communicate fluently in English.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledgeable regarding company policies, federal, state, and local laws, Tax Credit Section 42, and other rules that pertain to tenants.
Submit your resume today for consideration!
JWilliams Staffing, Inc. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to local Fair Chance Ordinances.
Apply For This Position